A critical part of a thorough hearing evaluation is determining an individual's full range of hearing. Three "thresholds" of hearing are measured:
- What are the softest sounds that are audible?
- What is the most comfortable level of hearing?
- What is the most uncomfortable level of hearing?
- What consonants will be difficult for an individual to hear
- What vowel sounds will be difficult for an individual to hear
- What sounds in nature and "everyday life" an individual will struggle to hear
- What kind of technology will help enhance an individual's remaining hearing capacity
For more information on hearing evaluations (like how often you should have your hearing checked), click here!